Understanding & Assessing Sexual Risk
29 May 2024 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
THIS COURSE IS AIMED AT SOCIAL WORKERS ONLY.
This training course focusses on assessing sexual risk in adult males. The training is aimed to support in undertaking Person Posing Risk (PPR) assessments and is mandatory for all social workers, advanced practitioners and team managers.
The training will cover the following areas:
• The impact of working with people that present a sexual risk
• Language in sexual offending work
• Legal issues
• Characteristics of people that sexually offend
• Models and theory of sexual offending
• Balancing vulnerability and risk
• Making sense of denial and minimisation
• When to undertake a PPR assessment
• Assessing sexual risk
• The PPR assessment process
• Services and resources to support in this area of work
You can book onto this training via the ‘Me’ system by searching the keywords of the course title in the learning section. If you do not have access to the ‘Me’ system please email firstname.lastname@example.org directly to book.
Please ensure if you are no longer able to attend the training and wish to cancel, you cancel your booking on the ‘Me’ system under “Your Activities” tab in the learning section. This allows places to be made available to other staff that are able to attend this training. If you did not book through the Me system and wish to cancel or unable to do so through the system, please email us.
Please note, all our training is subject to change at any given time therefore it’s your responsibility to check for any changes prior to attending. Updates are provided via email upon booking and can be viewed on this page.