- This event has passed.
Repair, Rebuild, Restore – February 2024
February 19 @ 9:45 am - 12:00 pm
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO ATTEND ON THE FOLLOWING DATES:
Session 1: Monday 19th February 2024
Session 2: Monday 26th February 2024
The Repair, Rebuild, Restore parenting programme is an activity based programme using a range of restorative principles and research. It is delivered as part of the Families Achieving Change Team Service Provision to parents/carers and it aims to help with the challenges of teenage behaviour, to draw on restorative principles and skills to support their parenting. It offers a child centred approach considering the development and needs of the children at all times.
Session 1 – Where do I stand?
• To be able to relate and understand their children’s behaviour with an aim of transferring conflict to positively impact on their relationships with their children.
• To support a more consistent, positive parenting and explore the level of behaviours whilst also identifying consequences and rewards.
• To gain a greater understanding of how different parenting styles are required across a wide range of scenarios with different ages.
• To develop a level of empathy taking into consideration experiences and needs.
• To promote active listening skills and a deeper understanding of the importance of communication with their young person.
Session 2 – What do I need?
• To gain an understanding of how the teenage brain works and how past trauma can contribute towards conflict and the breakdown in relationships.
• To recognise how both adults and children have needs which must be met in order to thrive in society.
• To learn of how thoughts and feelings can influence behaviour.
• To develop a restorative style of communication focusing on their child’s thoughts and feelings to reach a shared resolution.
You can book onto this training via the ‘Me’ system by searching the course keywords in the learning section. If you do not have access to the ‘Me’ system, please email us directly to book.
Please ensure if you are no longer wish or able to attend you cancel your booking, you do this via the “My Activities” tab in the learning section so your place is made available to others.