- This event has passed.
NCDV: Domestic Violence Training
April 26 @ 9:30 am - 10:30 am
National Centre for Domestic Violence (NCDV) is an organisation that provides free fast legal support to survivors of domestic violence, usually resulting in an emergency protective injunction. The service is available to everybody, irrespective of financial circumstances, sexual orientation, race or gender. NCDV specialise in three types of civil domestic violence injunctions; Non Molestation Orders, Occupation Orders and Prohibited Steps Orders – of which the majority are obtained within 24 hours. The service NCDV provide is free.
NCDV are proud to be able to deliver 60 minute session via Zoom to provide an option when dealing with those suffering domestic abuse.
This 60 minute training includes:
- How NCDV can help survivors of Domestic Violence.
- The Cross Government definition of Domestic Abuse.
- The three emergency injunctions that NCDV specialises in obtaining, namely Non Molestation Orders, Occupation Orders and Prohibited Steps Orders. The training includes victim application criteria i.e. who can apply and when.
- How the three orders compare with Domestic Violence Protection Notices (DVPNs) and Domestic Violence Protection Orders (DVPOs).
- How to refer victims to NCDV and how the feedback loop provides victims and third party referrers with updates.
- The role of Legal Aid and options for victims who aren’t eligible for public funding.
- The case building, court and service process.
- The Police ASSIST database that contains copies of the injunctions.
If you do not have access to the self-service system, please email [email protected] to book.
Please note, all our training is subject to change especially given the current climate. We advise you check the calendar appointment you receive ort his page before attending the training for any updates or changes.