NCDV: Domestic Violence Training
23 January 2024 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
National Centre for Domestic Violence (NCDV) is an organisation that provides free fast legal support to survivors of domestic violence, usually resulting in an emergency protective injunction. The service is available to everybody, irrespective of financial circumstances, sexual orientation, race or gender. NCDV specialise in three types of civil domestic violence injunctions; Non Molestation Orders, Occupation Orders and Prohibited Steps Orders – of which the majority are obtained within 24 hours.
- How NCDV can help survivors of Domestic Violence.
- The Cross Government definition of Domestic Abuse.
- The three emergency injunctions that NCDV specialises in obtaining, namely Non Molestation Orders, Occupation Orders and Prohibited Steps Orders. The training includes victim application criteria i.e. who can apply and when.
- How the three orders compare with Domestic Violence Protection Notices (DVPNs) and Domestic Violence Protection Orders (DVPOs).
- How to refer victims to NCDV and how the feedback loop provides victims and third party referrers with updates.
- The role of Legal Aid and options for victims who aren’t eligible for public funding.
- The case building, court and service process.
- The Police ASSIST database that contains copies of the injunctions.
You can book onto this via the ‘Me’ system by searching “NCDV” in the learning section. If you do not have access to the ‘Me’ system, please email email@example.com to book onto this training.
Please note, all our training is subject to change at any given time therefore it’s your responsibility to check for any changes prior to attending. Updates are provided via email upon booking and can be viewed on this page.